Coaching and training are often heard in the mainstream when it comes to sports. Training is typically getting in shape, stretching, and, depending on the sport, lifting or moving to become faster and more efficient. Coaching is the added instruction, nuance, and doing what’s necessary to help the athlete have better results in an individual or team setting.
FileMaker Training vs. FileMaker Coaching
When it comes to Claris FileMaker Pro databases, the same concept applies; coaching is not training. FileMaker Training is typically offered in a one-to-many setting. Training sessions are based off a curriculum, and material covered in class is often high-level and taught using sample solutions. Training covers scenarios that may not be relevant to an individual participants’ data workflows.
FileMaker Training is great for individuals that are:
- New to the Claris platform
- New to a business role requiring FileMaker Pro
- Looking to improve their overall knowledge of FileMaker Pro
- Moving from Beginner to Intermediate to Advanced levels, which could allow for better advancement at work or as a FileMaker consultant
Find our upcoming FileMaker training class schedule here.
With FileMaker Coaching, participants can utilize their existing FileMaker solutions in a one-to-one or one-to-few class format.
FileMaker Coaching is great for individuals that are:
- New to a position or role
- Taking over as an organization’s “power user”
- Becoming an internal developer
- Looking to explore new workflows in an existing FileMaker database
- Connecting FileMaker to outside applications
- Modernizing an existing FileMaker Application
Purchase FileMaker coaching here.
What is the FileMaker Certification Path?
This training will prepare you for FileMaker certification. This is ideal for users who want to become FileMaker developers or consultants. Becoming a FileMaker-certified developer offers some Claris marketing opportunities that are not available to developers without a certification. This type of training is advanced, so anyone looking to enroll should have a good grasp on intermediate to advanced FileMaker concepts.
Participants in the FileMaker Certification Learning Path program receive:
- A 3-hour training session dedicated to the preparation for the certification exam (in a small group of 3 participants max.)
- A 3-hour time bank for individual coaching with one of our FileMaker-certified trainers
- A not-for-resale (NFR) educational copy of the latest version of FileMaker Pro
- Exclusive access to Direct Impact Solutions’ certification exam preparation materials
- A promotional code for 50% off our FileMaker training classes
Which option is right for you?
It depends on what you are looking to achieve. If your main objective is to level-up your FileMaker knowledge in a remote classroom setting, FileMaker training could be for you.
If you are looking to become a FileMaker consultant or take over as an internal FileMaker developer, then FileMaker certification might be the best fit.
Are you interested in expanding your knowledge or leveraging your existing FileMaker solutions? FileMaker Coaching might be a great option.
Feel free to reach out us if you have any questions or would like to compare each option. We can point you in the right direction, and help you find the best training or coaching for achieving your goals.